Info for Survivors
The information and resources here are offered to give you a general idea of what is available to you. It's really important for you to talk with an advocate in your community to develop a safety plan, and to find out about more resources that may be available in the community where you live.
- Ohio Shelter Program and Referral List – you can click on each county in Ohio to see the name(s) and number(s) of the program(s) serving that county.
- Toll Free Information and Referral Line – information about Ohio Domestic Violence Network's Toll Free Information and Referral line.
- Domestic Violence Definition and What is abuse? – information on these tabs help name some of the many behaviors that make up domestic violence.
- Children, Teens and Young Adults – information on children who witness adult information and information for teens and young adults who may be experiencing abuse in their own relationships.
- Assessing Your Risk - information to help you evaluate your situation and the risks to your safety.
- Domestic Violence and the Law – information about civil and criminal legal options that may be available to you.
- Suggestions for Family and Friends – information for family and friends on ways to be helpful to a loved one who is experiencing domestic violence.
- Economic Justice Resources - information on resources such as education, transportation, housing, job training, prescription assistance, public benefits and other general resources. (Please check back for more information on this topic)
- Culturally Specific Services – this tab offers information and a database you can search for culturally specific services and resources. (Please check back for this service)